March 20th 2021
Now that we have the first event of 2021 in the record books we expect the second to run quite a bit more smoothly. We are looking step our game up big time! Follow this page as we will add more content as we get closer to the event. We will be handing out a total of $4,200 dollars in cash prizes!
- Signups are now open! - Register Here - Signup is free!
- Signups CLOSE on March 13th at Noon EST!
- View Current Registrations Here
- Where: 165 Water Street Norwalk, CT 06854
- When: March 20th 2021. Arrive by 9:30a!
- We would like the first fight to start at 10a EST
- Read the Rules!!
The brackets will be posted on the 13th following the closure of Registrations
- 3lb Bracket
- 12lb Bracket
- 12lb Sportsman Bracket
- 30lb Bracket
Changes for the March Event
- Introducing Brett's long lost twin Bert
- Fluffy will gain some new capabilities
- New graphics and replay packages
- Improved queuing area
- Interviews from the pit area!
- Improved arena surface
- After researching and testing several varieties we will be painting all arena floors with BEHR i300 Interior Paint - Dead Flat
- Realtime match ordering and visible match flow
- Check in with the event staff and get your badge and make sure they know you are here
- Setup at your pit. All pits are first come first serve
- Pass Safety. We will check your weapon lock and verify your radio failsafe.
- Get your bots picture taken. We cannot start the event without a picture for every bot.
- Join the discord for day of event updates
- Get your robot's photo taken
- Double check the rules.
- If your bot does well towards the end of the day you must be ready to fight after a minimum of 20 minutes
- NHRL Includes an audience triggered Encore which can add 30 seconds to the fight. These usually only happen towards the back half of the day
- If you have time. Create or update the wiki page for your bot. You can view the pages we in the 3lb Category.
Traveling to the event in the COVID era
CT Has has a travel restriction in place. Only a few neighboring states are allowed for completely unrestricted travel. If you are coming from a restricted state you can still come! In order to come you must follow the guidelines. They allow people to come if you follow any one of the following
- Stay in the state for less than 24 hours
- Test negative for COVID up to 72 hours in advance
- We have found using the mail in test has been the most reliable way to get a timely result.
- Tests are widely available and free in the state of CT
- Quarantine in state for two weeks.
The full travel guidelines are posted here. CT Travel Guidelines
COVID Precautions at the event
We will be taking social distancing precautions during this event. Only competitors will be allowed. Only those fighting should be near the arena. This will be our 3rd event during covid and we have a spotless record so far. We aim to keep it that way.
- You must wear a mask
- In addition to masks we have face shields as well
- Get tested before you come if you can
- Follow the CT Travel Guidelines
- Both socially distanced indoor pits and heated outdoor pit space will be available.
- We will update everyone on the possibility of spectators on March 10th