May 15th 2021
May 15th is the 3rd event in the NHRL 2021 season. We will be fighting all weight classes. Our hope is to allow spectators and concessions on site. We will be handing out a total of $4,200 dollars in cash prizes! Registration is free as always! We are hoping to be able to invite spectators. There will be a cost to spectate the event. We are thinking 10 dollars.
- Signups are now closed
- View Current Registrations Here
- Brackets will be posted May 8th!
- Where: 165 Water Street Norwalk, CT 06854
- When: March 20th 2021. Arrive by 9:30a!
- We would like the first fight to start at 10a EST
- Read the Rules!!
The brackets are posted below. It is also possible to submit predictions. While there are no awards now there may be in the future for who can most accurately predict the event. You can view Current Registrations Here
- 3lb Bracket
- 12lb Bracket
- 12lb Sportsman Bracket was canceled as there were no registrations
- 30lb Bracket
Changes for the March Event
- Introducing Brett's long lost twin Bert
- Fluffy will gain some new capabilities
- New graphics and replay packages
- Improved queuing area
- Interviews from the pit area!
- Improved arena surface
- After researching and testing several varieties we will be painting all arena floors with BEHR i300 Interior Paint - Dead Flat
- Realtime match ordering and visible match flow
The full playlist of individual fights will be posted shortly
- Check in with the event staff and get your badge and make sure they know you are here
- Setup at your pit. All pits are first come first serve
- Pass Safety. We will check your weapon lock and verify your radio failsafe.
- Get your bots picture taken. We cannot start the event without a picture for every bot.
- Join the discord for day of event updates
- Get your robot's photo taken
- Double check the rules.
- If your bot does well towards the end of the day you must be ready to fight after a minimum of 20 minutes
- NHRL Includes an audience triggered Encore which can add 30 seconds to the fight. These usually only happen towards the back half of the day
- If you have time. Create or update the wiki page for your bot. You can view the pages we in the 3lb Category.
Traveling to the event in the COVID era
Update! As of 3/19/21 these will become guidelines but not a requirement. Official Document Here
CT Has has a travel restriction in place. Only a few neighboring states are allowed for completely unrestricted travel. If you are coming from a restricted state you can still come! In order to come you must follow the guidelines. They allow people to come if you follow any one of the following
- Stay in the state for less than 24 hours
- Test negative for COVID up to 72 hours in advance
- We have found using the mail in test has been the most reliable way to get a timely result.
- Tests are widely available and free in the state of CT
- Quarantine in state for two weeks.
The full travel guidelines are posted here. CT Travel Guidelines
COVID Precautions at the event
We will be taking social distancing precautions during this event. Only competitors will be allowed. Only those fighting should be near the arena. This will be our 3rd event during covid and we have a spotless record so far. We aim to keep it that way.
- You must wear a mask
- In addition to masks we have face shields as well
- Get tested before you come if you can
- Follow the CT Travel Guidelines
- Both socially distanced indoor pits and heated outdoor pit space will be available.
- There will be no spectators at this event.