May 15th 2021
May 15th is the 3rd event in the NHRL 2021 season. We will be fighting all weight classes. Our hope is to allow spectators and concessions on site. We will be handing out a total of $4,200 dollars in cash prizes! Registration is free as always! We are hoping to be able to invite spectators. There will be a cost to spectate the event.
- Signup are open. Click here to signup.
- 3lb Signups are full. Signing up at as 3lb will put you on the waitlist
- Waitlists will be updated every Friday at 4p EST
- View Current Registrations Here
- We are looking for staff / crew to help us make this the best event yet
- Registration closes at 8p EST May 7th
- Brackets will be posted May 8th!
- We are also looking for unpaid staff volunteers to compliment our paid team. (Note this is a 7a to 10p event) If you are interested please reach our to @sasloe on discord.
- Where: 165 Water Street Norwalk, CT 06854
- When: May 15th 2021. Arrive by 9:30a!
- We would like the first fight to start at 10a EST
- Read the Rules!!
The Brackets for this event will be posted the evening of May 8th 2021.
- 3lb Bracket
- 12lb Bracket
- 12lb Sportsman
- 30lb Bracket
Changes for the May Event
- Visible match clocks in each cage for competitors
- NHRL PrimeTime (Details Coming Soon)
- Spectators in the stands!
- Hopefully Food Trucks and Concessions
- Better match ordering
- Lots of work to reduce competitor and staff stress
- Merch! More details coming soon.
- Dedicated space for competitors to sell merch!
Depending on the current state of re-opening we expect to be able to offer spectators the chance to come watch the matches live. We will make a final call on spectators on May 8th. We plan to open our doors for spectators at 9:30a. We plan to charge $10.00 for all day access for all spectators over the age of 2. Robot combat is dangerous and there will be weapons and dangerous things around. We will ask you sign a release prior to entering the space.
- Food trucks in the parking lot.
- On site concessions
- A collectable badge that allows for all day re-entry
- A staff guided tour of the pits
- Time to hang out with the competitors post fight
- Check in with the event staff and get your badge and make sure they know you are here
- Setup at your pit. All pits are first come first serve
- Pass Safety. We will check your weapon lock and verify your radio failsafe.
- Get your bots picture taken. We cannot start the event without a picture for every bot.
- Join the discord for day of event updates
- Double check the rules.
- If your bot does well towards the end of the day you must be ready to fight after a minimum of 20 minutes
- NHRL Includes an audience triggered Encore which can add 30 seconds to the fight. These usually only happen towards the back half of the day
- If you have time. Create or update the wiki page for your bot. You can view the pages we in the 3lb Category.
Traveling to the event in the COVID era
CT Has recently relaxed its travel restrictions. Currently travel is allowed from all 50 states without quarantine.
The full travel guidelines are posted here. CT Travel Guidelines
COVID Precautions at the event
We will be taking social distancing precautions during this event.
- You must wear a mask
- Get vaccinated if you can an appointment!
- Get tested before and after you come if you can
- Follow the CT Travel Guidelines
- Both socially distanced indoor pits and outdoor pit space will be available.