Builder Conduct Policy
It is a privilege to be part of the Havoc Robotics and Norwalk Havoc Robot League (collectively, “Havoc”) community. Everyone who is associated with Havoc must refrain from illegal, violent, dangerous, or irresponsible conduct that is detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the league. We must show respect for others inside and outside our community and we must strive to conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on ourselves, our sport, our teams, the communities we represent, and Havoc. As such, Havoc Robotics has established this Builder Conduct Policy (BCP), which applies to existing and former builders, builders who have registered to compete, prospective builders, and members of our social media community (collectively, “Builders”).
The BCP is intended to address and sanction conduct detrimental to the league and sport. In order to uphold our high standards, when violations of this BCP do occur, appropriate disciplinary action must follow.
Expectations and Standards of Conduct
Builders must conduct themselves in a way that is responsible, promotes the values of Havoc, and is lawful. Even if the conduct does not result in a criminal charge or conviction, Builders found to have engaged in any of the following conduct will be subject to discipline.
Prohibited Conduct includes but is not limited to the following:
- Actual or threatened physical violence against another person, including dating violence, domestic violence, child abuse, and other forms of family violence;
- Assault and/or battery, including sexual assault or other sex offenses;
- Violent or threatening behavior toward any person in any Havoc setting;
- Stalking, harassment, or similar forms of intimidation;
- Illegal possession of a gun or other weapon (such as explosives, toxic substances, and the like), or possession of a gun or other weapon in any Havoc setting;
- Illegal possession, use, or distribution of alcohol or drugs;
- Possession, use, or distribution of steroids or other performance enhancing substances;
- Crimes involving cruelty to animals as defined by state or federal law;
- Crimes of dishonesty such as blackmail, extortion, fraud, money laundering, or racketeering;
- Theft-related crimes such as burglary, robbery, or larceny;
- Disorderly conduct;
- Crimes against law enforcement, such as obstruction, resisting arrest, or harming a police officer or other law enforcement officer;
- Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person; and Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of Havoc, its facilities, or its personnel.
“Havoc setting” means any physical or virtual location or conveyance used in connection with Havoc activities, including but not limited to event facilities, offices, private or off-site events, workshops, and social media platforms.
If you have witnessed Prohibited Conduct by a Builder, or are aware of any incident which, if the allegations were true, would constitute a violation of the BCP, you are obligated to promptly submit a report to Havoc’s leadership.
Reports must be sent via email to email@example.com, and must contain:
- Your full name
- Your phone number
- Date(s) and time(s) of the incident, as applicable
- Any relevant information or context about the nature of the incident, identity of any all parties involved (including the legal first and last name of any individual(s) and contact information, as known or available)
- Any supporting evidence, like photographs, social media activity, emails, complete and unedited screenshots or transcripts, a news article, a police report, or other materials as applicable
Upon receipt of an incident report, Havoc will review it in a timely manner, and open an investigation. The investigation may include conducting interviews with the complainant, the accused, witnesses, and/or may include contacting the authorities if Havoc deems it necessary. The timing and scope of any investigation will be based upon the particular circumstances of the matter. In conducting investigations, Havoc will make reasonable efforts to safeguard requests for confidentiality from complainants or others with information. In addition, Havoc will not tolerate, and will discipline, any retaliation, threats of retaliation, intimidation, harassment, or any other adverse action against anyone who in good faith reports a possible violation, or provides truthful information during an investigation.
In certain cases when further investigation is warranted, Havoc may choose to temporarily ban or restrict any individuals who are subject to said investigation until it has concluded, at which time the temporary ban may be lifted or extended, or augmented with additional discipline.
In the event where a Builder has been found in violation of the BCP, either by being formally charged with a crime or through the course of Havoc’s investigation, Havoc will determine what, if any, disciplinary action will be taken, and communicate its decision with the necessary parties involved.
Depending on the nature of the violation and other circumstances, discipline may be a suspension for a fixed or an indefinite period of time, or banishment from the league and/or its digital platforms with an opportunity to return, with Havoc’s approval, after a specified period of time. Discipline may also include a probationary period and conditions that must be met for reinstatement and to remain eligible to participate in the league. Repeat offenders will be subject to enhanced and/or expedited discipline.